Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The good with the bad

Our company Xmas party was on Sunday. I ate normally according to my diet plan, up until near 3:00 because I knew there was going to be Tapas style food there. I think I way over did it on the Cheese and Bread, which were really good. And I really broke down when desert came around. Lemon Meringue and some chocolate thingy. I didn't over do it, but damn, my poor body felt so bad after doing so well for so long. Not to mention the day before on my cheat day, I assaulted my stomach with Brats and Parmesan pretzel that was covered in butter. I can't wait until this month is over. I hate the holidays. Also, I have been scheduled to work several closing shifts lately, and I find that after 7 pm, I get really munchy while I am still at work. It doesn't help that I am bored off my ass because I have to wait for arrivals. This is not boding well for the diet. I have to be super controlled and try and eat healthy things. Which is really hard for me that late at night because that is when I crave fatty sugary things the most. And that is when I need them the least. I will go to the gym later tonight and check the weight and stuff. I'm prepared for nothing to have come off in the last couple of days. We will see what happens. This is after all, partly an experiment on how my body reacts do certain situations.

On that note, I have cut out milk as the way I mix my shakes. I read a few articles on how bad milk really is for you. I haven't cut out cheese and yogurt yet, but I need to find alternatives to them if I can. I want to see if I really do feel better without milk in my diet and see how my allergies and immune system react also.

I love using myself as a test bed, it's rather interesting.

No comments: